Tuesday, May 27, 2008

so many miles in between

It's been a while since I've posted a blog. I apologize to all my avid readers out there (ha...ha) But I have been going non-stop for a few weeks now. And after being back for almost a week, I finally made time for myself to just sit at my familiar coffee place and just relax. I just recently got back from driving to Nashville, TN and then heading to Raleigh, NC from there. Since my return, late Wednesday night I've been busy packing and pitching all my stuff. For those of you who don't know...I'm moving to Nashville at the end of June. And thanks to the raping at the gas pump...I am not able to afford a moving truck. This means...no bed, no dresser, no tv, no couch. I will be packing as much as I can in my Scion but none of the previously mentioned items will be able to come along with me. So Josh and I will be roughing it for a while. I'm hoping to eventually get at least my couch down there. It was my grandpa's couch and I'm absolutely in love with it.

Upon my travels to Nashville and Raleigh, I came across interesting sites and had a few chances to take some pretty neat shots with my polaroid. I will unveil my favorite shot of the trip below. This was a shot of the very first Krispy Kreme doughnut shop and I thought the best way to capture the feel of the place was to use a polaroid...who would have thought?



Nashville, abandoned cemetery church.





I'm giving in and finally getting a flickr account. I will upload all the shots from my trip there and once I do that I will provide a link for you to check out the photos at your own convenience. I will probably be MIA for a few days since tomorrow I will be moving all the big stuff to my parents house and the days that follow will be filled with getting stuff ready for my momentary stay at my parents house until the big move. I'm behind on design work and especially with an album ep design for a band that was wanting it completed by now. So hopefully this weekend I can get caught up.

Currently Enjoying:




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That Krispy Kreme shot is pretty awesome. It's making me want some donuts rightnow.

I didn't think you'd ever get a flickr with your concerns about the orphan works act and also the opp. for people stealing your ideas and photos, etc.