Friday, June 6, 2008

you played your songs and you danced your dance

So I'm sure there are some people out there who have seen the new sigur ros video. I thought it was quick entertaining and well...exposed. If you haven't seen it, take a look... *WARNING* Quite a lot of nudity is involved in this video, so if you're stomach isn't set for lots of..."flopping around", maybe you shouldn't click on the image. :)



Lately, I've been giving and receiving "mix tapes" (obviously cd's...but cmon..."mixtapes" are classic) Anyway, I've come to really enjoy and appreciate the sincere, thoughtful process that goes into making someone a mix tape. There is something about it that gives a peek into someones life while exposing a bit of yours. Some may be thinking...oh please..it's just a mix tape. And although that is true...music is a powerful thing and the types of music that you share with others, expose a piece of yourself; whether good or bad. All I'm saying is, it's a cool experience to share with someone. Maybe you should give a friend a mix tape. Make their day, week, life. :)

The time till I move to Nashville is quickly approaching. And as I sit here in this old familiar coffee shop, taking glances at the Asian man sitting in the oversized brown, leather chair, drifting in and out of sleep...I know I will miss this place. We still haven't found a place to live...but I'm not stressing out about it...yet. I look forward to the new experiences, opportunities and everything that follows along with it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

craigyyyyyy

don't be mad! I didn't know you still read my blog, and since I had been revamping everything on my bookmarks and stuff I guess I just forgot to replace you off of my safari bar and onto my blogroll. don't be s/mad! I promise I like your blog!

love,
jolie

Anonymous said...

oh and also, you never had ME on your blogroll until I switched from xangs! so!

Anonymous said...

Wow... that was quite a music video. I agree on the whole entertaining and the whole filled with nudity thing. lol