Wednesday, July 9, 2008

if you ever make it back to [nashville]

And the day has finally come. I am now a Nashville resident. We have our first place. We will be getting internet and all that jazz as soon as Friday. For now, I will be coming to Portland Brew for my morning connection with the world from a screen. It still doesn't completely feel like "home" yet. Our place is a bit of a mess. We have been going non-stop since we arrived Sunday evening. The furniture search hasn't gone quite as well as I had hoped but it's getting there. So far we have a dining room table and chairs and one sitting chair. All the thrift stores around here are pretty junky. Craigslist got us the table. I found a nice table I want for my desk but the tool actually wants $90 for it. I offered $60 and it was a no-go. So I will keep looking. We also don't have beds yet. For now, an air mattress for me and a layer of comforters for Josh (I think I'm lucking out on that deal).

We are looking at alternative methods for household items. For instance, instead of buying a rack of some sort to store things in, we got some pine wood cut at Lowes and stained them. We spent about a total of $80 on the lumber, stain, brushes, screws and shelving brackets. It make me a little annoyed at the cost but it is still cheaper than almost everything we looked at (plus it's dark cherry stained and it's one of a kind). These shelves will be put in our kitchen, bathroom, laundry room closet and also a bookshelf for our living room.

We have so much to do once we finally settle in. Before I left I did an engagement shoot for one of my good friends and then shot a wedding. Needless to say, we have over a thousand images to go through. On top of that, we have two photographer sites to get working on. As well as a new look/upgrade for our freelance myspace, our actual website and the unveiling of the new clothing company. On top of that I have to find a part time job, get my new license and plates, open a bank account (maybe two), the list goes on. We still don't have desks for our computers yet either.

But all of that aside, there is one thing that makes me oh so excited and happy...



I will be there.


I couldn't think of a better way to welcome me to the city.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is good news, but it sounds like you are gonna be busy busy busy for a while.

call me if you get a break in your schedule or whenever you get the chance.