Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Making a Change in Our Youth

I know I said I would give you some musical goodies in the next post but I ran across this last night and I just think it's the greatest thing. So I felt compelled to blog about it.

So there is this youth program called Youth in Focus, located in Seattle, Washington. They provide scholarships for teens, 13 - 19 years of age, to attend these photography courses, learning sessions and even entrepreneurial projects.

Their goal is to provide a creative outlet for these struggling young kids. They use photography as the base for that. It seems to have an amazing result, as I have looked through the gallery and found some pretty great photographs. It's not just a place to teach them how to be photographers, but also to "prepare themselves for successful lives". Our youth is being tainted by a lump sum of garbage out there. A lot of kids grow up thinking that this certain lifestyle they were born into is the only chance they have. I just really think this is a great program and I wish it wasn't so far away. I would love to be a part of something like this.

Watch the video. These kids have a great future ahead of them. And no doubt, it's because of people like the ones in Youth in Focus.



No comments: